When you install solar panels – you can create your own clean energy! SEAI are offering a grant for Solar Photovoltaic panels to generate electricity for homeowners.
The benefits of installing solar energy panels are:
- On average, a solar PV system can save between €200-€300 per year on your domestic electricity bill. This will make a big difference to you household running costs, allowing you to save for what really matters.
- By investing in solar PV, you will also be making an impact on the BER of your home. When it comes to selling your home, a higher BER will add value and help you achieve a higher sale price.
- Generating your own renewable electricity also has benefits for our environment. The energy you consume will be clean energy which cuts down on your greenhouse gas emissions.
Grant for Solar Panel Installations
SEAI are delighted to offer homeowners a grant to support the installation of Solar PV panels and battery energy storage systems. This will reduce the electricity you currently purchase from your supplier and save you money.
Support is available to all owners of dwellings built and occupied before 2011 and where SEAI have not previously provided support for solar PV system at that address.
The homes energy performance following installation of solar panels must be BER C or better.
The payback period depends on
- Upfront costs
- Maintenance of the panels
- Amount of sun falling on the panels (South facing panels will produce the most electricity)
- Price paid for the electricity
The typical cost is €1,700 – €2,500 per kWp
How to apply
1. Find and appoint a registered SEAI solar PV company
Ecoscene are a registered and approved installer. Contact us today for further information and if you are happy for us to install the solar panels, we can agree a formal contract to get the works done.
2. Make an application to SEAI for the grant offer
It is critical that homeowners do not start works until they receive the grant offer. (Grant offers are valid for eight months.)
3. Apply to ESB Networks to connect the Solar PV system to the electricity network
Your Installer must apply to ESB Networks before installing a Solar PV system. This application process takes at least 4 weeks (20 working days).
4. Install your solar PV panels
Get your solar PV system installed and either pay the installer or arrange a payment agreement.
5. Get a post-works BER
A post works BER is required and the cost is included in the grant amount.
7. Solar PV company submit evidence of works to SEAI
Your solar PV company will give you the documentation related to your installation and they will submit copies to SEAI electronically.
8. SEAI process the claim
Due to the popularity of this scheme please allow up to 6 weeks for payment, with additional time if an inspection is required.
To discuss your solar panel installation, contact Ecoscene today